I always love the energy of the full moon – well … almost always. Sometime it gets a bit intense, which is why I ask people that tune into moon energy to let me know, in advance … what to be mindful of. I’m one of those types of people that would rather have awareness ahead of time … than not … so… Here is some great info for this month’s FULL MOON by Melissa Corter – Enjoy – SDJ ♥
March 1st 2018 Full Moon in Virgo
Each Full Moon carries potent medicine within it for us to receive. The feminine nature of the moon has an energetic link to childhood conditions, memories, and dreams. This can result in healing the divine feminine while simultaneously opening to the magic we held from the innocence of childhood.
Dreams become more vivid and our intuition feels amplified. The ripeness of each Full Moon is heavily charged energy. She knows our deepest feelings and wants to help bring closure and clarity. At her peak, she invites each of us to let go as we glean the aha moments of the release.
Letting go does not have to be a painful process, it can be a joyous, spacious time. The Virgo Full Moon contains hints of the analytical mind craving more structure; while the spirit also asks you to simplify and trust. For some, seeking structure and freedom at the same time may cause an internal conflict, yet the moon has her ways to find the harmony within it all. She is the essence of light, physical nature, and spirit all in one.
March’s Full Moon is also known as the Full Worm Moon. As the temperature begins to warm and the ground begins to thaw, earthworm casts appear, heralding the return of the robins. The more northern tribes knew this Moon as the Full Crow Moon, when the cawing of crows signaled the end of winter; or the Full Crust Moon, because the snow cover becomes crusted from thawing by day and freezing at night. The Full Sap Moon, marking the time of tapping maple trees, is another variation. To the settlers, it was also known as the Lenten Moon, and was considered to be the last full Moon of winter.
The dance of structure and freedom is effortless … if you choose to let go of control and become mindful of your creative impulses. Listen to the things you are called to during this full moon, allow the creative innocence of your childhood space in the experience. Remember, as a child, you were closer to source, having all you needed within you … this is the time to let the divine shine a light into your adulthood and lost ways of being a free and balanced spirit.
Virgo energy loves to “know” and plan; churn this desire into a creative expression of your soul. Change your “to-do” list to your “to-dream” list, bridging a systematic approach with spirit. This ignites the magic of the Virgo Full Moon and fuels the digestive fire of this Earth element. Use routine to create a daily ritual to create a sense of grounding and inspiration. This will kindle the creative fire energy of your soul … bringing in new consciousness and insights, infusing your day with magic, pulling your desires in.
You may feel a pull to begin cleansings, clearing, or de-cluttering. This is the perfect time to do the same for your physical body. Consider breathing new life into your environment and your body. Think of the person you have become over the changes of the previous year, let your inner and outer environment reflect the shift.
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reasons for existing. Once cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity.”
~ Albert Einstein
Tips for March 1st Full Moon in Virgo:
Take time for de-cluttering your home, office, and body, a cleanse is the perfect way to honor the Virgo energy, and Earth connects to home and the body. Have fun with structure, do not let if feel heavy or dull … it can be a creative journey and new adventure into uncharted territory for you. Move and stretch the body, this Moon is highly supportive of physical movement and exercise. Start or return to a routine that feels good to your body.
This is also a wonderful moon to examine your direction and refine goals initiated with the New Year, perhaps they are already feeling stale. This Virgo Full Moon can breathe new life into them, getting you back on track with a fresh intention and a new sense of motivation.
Ways you can allow this Full Moon to support you:
- Find out when the moon rise is in your city by going here: https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/
- Find a place where you can see or sense the energy of the full moon. Preferably a comfortable position with the moon in sight. If you can sit outside, on the earth for this exercise you may notice a larger shift.
- Have your journal, or a piece of paper and writing instrument nearby. The full moon is the feminine aspect of our being, she can help release and reveal all things ready to find a way to the surface.
- The moon is often connected to the crown chakra, located at the very top of your head. Bring your awareness here, imagining opening up gently and slowly, the moon is graceful. You may see, sense, or feel this.
- Imagine now, the beautiful and divine essence of the Moon dropping deeply into your body through the top of your head as you also feel the earth beneath you, supporting you. Feel the moon activating your digestive fire, deep within the abdomen and third chakra.
- Stay with this, breathing deeply for a cycle of 10 to 20 breaths, eyes closed, and letting the light of the moon in, while feeling it churn in your belly.
- Write about your experience, did any ideas, insights or feelings arise? Is there an invitation to experience something or to let something go? How does it feel to create space for this energy into your life?
- If you find yourself releasing … you may safely burn your paper to honor the transition and release.